Factory Budget Saving. How to Reduce Total Cost of Ownership?
How to cut expenses in business?
Every manufacturing organization is interested in reducing the cost of production. It is vital for factories to make the production cost as small as possible in order to be competitive. There are many cost cutting ideas for large companies with factories and R&D office buildings. There are:
- ways to reduce IT costs in manufacturing facilities and in R&D offices
- ways to reduce energy consumption
- ways to reduce IT administration expenses
How to reduce IT infrastructure costs?
Factory managers and owners are looking for answers to below questions:
- how to reduce IT costs in a company with manufacturing facilities?
- how to reduce cost in office for R&D?
- how to reduce cost and increase profit of a factory?
- how to build a cheap computer and get a high productivity out of it?
- how to build a computer on a budget which is squeezing from year to year?
- how to pick the right computer for better efficiency and better sustainability?
- how to reduce number of computers utilized and recycled?
This article will guide how to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of an organization with factories and R&D facilities. It is possible to make IT infrastructure transformations which would allow reducing TCO IT infrastructure. What is TCO in IT? The total cost of ownership IT infrastructure consists of the total cost of ownership for software licenses and hardware of the organization. In case of any IT infrastructure transformations there are security risks and ecological risks. Also, it is very important for OEMs to make the transformations while keeping or improving security level!
How to reduce energy consumption?
Power engineers are looking for answers to below questions:
- how to minimize electricity usage in all buildings and all facilities?
- how to reduce electricity consumption in office buildings?
- how to reduce power consumption in the organization with factories?
- how to save energy consumption of air conditioners?
How to reduce IT administration expenses?
IT administrators are looking for answers to below questions:
- how to optimize network performance and reduce the number of network issues?
- how to reduce work of the IT administration team and at the same time to keep performance?
- how to reduce work of the IT administration team on upgrades, updates and on maintenance of IT infrastructure of the factory?
- how to reduce work of the IT administration team on making inventory check up?
The answer to all above questions — integration of the ASTER program into your organization!
Organization with factories and R&D offices will benefit if they integrate the ASTER program into their IT infrastructure! Below we will explain why it is so.
Let’s start from security. ASTER allows organizing zero clients. Zero client is a thin client without CPU and data storage. High level of security is ensured by the facts that ASTER:
- zero clients are safe as they don’t have data storage
- zero clients work without internet and network
- zero clients cannot be damaged by hackers and malware as they don’t have CPU
- can be activated offline using a USB key
- allows using security of Windows accounts
- allows controlling Windows accounts management only by administrator
- allows installing SW only by administrator
- allows managing data and peripherals access by administrator
- works well with all antivirus programs
- reduces the number of computers. Therefore, reduces number of security issues
Integration of ASTER allows achieving IT cost savings in TCO. In general ASTER:
- allows optimizing current IT infrastructure (replacing of desktops by zero clients)
- allows achieving extensive use of computers in the workplace (utilizing effectively resources of every desktop)
- gives opportunity to share computer resources (sharing thick client resources with zero clients)
- allows organizing additional workplaces with less budget (gives an opportunity to add a workplace as a zero client for which it is not necessary to buy a desktop)
- allows reducing expenses for temporary workplaces (allows creating temporary workplaces as zero clients for which it is not necessary to buy a desktop)
In detail ASTER allows reducing expenses on:
- HW purchasing
Average cost of a desktop computer is $1000. Replacement of the desktop computer by a cheap thin client or by thin client alternative like zero client allows to reduce IT infrastructure costs estimates. Moreover, replaced old computers could be used to organize temporary workplaces.
- SW licenses purchasing
Zero clients use SW licenses of the thick client. Therefore, the number of necessary SW licenses will be reduced.
- electrical power consumption by computers and air conditioner systems
Why is it important to reduce energy consumption? Once you find a way to reduce it — this will save money for your organization every year. There are several methods to reduce energy consumption. Our method is the integration of ASTER in the organization. It allows reducing the number of desktops. The fewer desktops the less electrical power consumption. Low number of desktops gives low heat dissipation and as a result low energy consumption by air conditioners.
- modernization of computers
ASTER integration reduces the number of desktops used to the number of the thick clients. Therefore, if some HW modernization is necessary the expenses on it will be reduced. The expenses on modernization of zero clients HW (like monitors) will be the same as previously.
The integration reduces the number of SW licenses to the number of the thick clients. Therefore, expenses on modernization of SW licenses will be also reduced.
- amortization of computers
Computer hardware lifecycle management is very important. Average life of desktop PC or computer life cycle is around 6 years. In every organization there is a computer replacement schedule. After ASTER integration, the number of computers will be reduced and the budget for replacement and amortization will be smaller.
- maintenance fees
The total cost of maintenance is the typical software maintenance costs and hardware maintenance costs. ASTER integration allows reducing the number of desktops and as a result reduces the number of SW licenses and HW in organization. Therefore, it reduces maintenance cost on IT infrastructure maintenance.
- allocation of space for computer equipment
As ASTER allows reducing the number of desktops, there will be more free space. It means there will be fewer expenses on allocating free space on the workplaces.
Reduce your organization expenses with ASTER!
Are you interested in reducing TCO of your factory? Are you interested in making your factory more eco-friendly?