How to cut expenses in business?
Every manufacturing organization is interested in reducing the cost of production. Factories need to make the production cost as small as possible to be competitive. There are many cost-cutting ideas for large companies with factories and R&D office buildings.
There are ways to reduce:
- IT costs in manufacturing facilities and R&D offices
- energy consumption
- IT administration expenses
How to reduce IT infrastructure costs?
Factory owners are looking for answers to the questions below. How to reduce:
- IT costs in a company with manufacturing facilities?
- cost in an office for R&D?
- costs and increase the profit of a factory?
- the number of computers utilized and recycled?
Factory managers are looking for answers to the questions below. How to
- build a cheap computer and get high productivity out of it?
- assemble a computer on a budget which is squeezing from year to year?
- pick the right computer for better efficiency and better sustainability?
This article will guide how to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of an organization with factories and R&D facilities. It is possible to make IT infrastructure transformations that would allow reducing TCO IT infrastructure. What is TCO in IT? The total cost of ownership IT infrastructure consists of the total cost of ownership for software licenses and hardware of the organization. In case of any IT infrastructure transformations, there are security risks and ecological risks. Also, OEMs need to make the transformations while keeping or improving security levels!
How to reduce energy consumption?
Power engineers are looking for answers to the questions below. How to:
- minimize electricity usage in all buildings and all facilities?
- reduce electricity consumption in office buildings?
- save energy consumption of air conditioners?
- reduce power consumption in the organization with factories?
How to reduce IT administration expenses?
IT administrators are looking for answers to the questions below. How to:
- optimize network performance and reduce the number of network issues?
- reduce the work of the IT administration team and at the same time keep high performance?
- reduce the work of the IT administration team on upgrades, updates, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure of the factory?
- reduce the work of the IT administration team on making inventory checkups?
The answer to all above questions — integration of the ASTER program into your organization!
Organization with factories and R&D offices will benefit if they integrate the ASTER program into their IT infrastructure! Below we will explain why it is so.
Let’s start from security. ASTER allows organizing zero clients. Zero client is a thin client without CPU and data storage. ASTER ensures a high level of safety in your system. ASTER:
- allows using the security of Windows accounts
- can be activated offline using a USB key
- works well with all antivirus programs
- reduces the number of security vulnerabilities because of reduction of the number of computers
- allows controlling Windows accounts, managing data/peripherals access, and installing new SW only by administrator
ASTER zero clients:
- are malware-free and cannot be hacked by hackers as they do not have any CPU
- are safe as they don’t have data storage
- work without internet and network
Integration of ASTER allows achieving IT cost savings in TCO. In general ASTER allows:
- optimizing current IT infrastructure (replacing of desktops by zero clients)
- achieving extensive use of computers in the workplace (utilizing the resources of every desktop effectively)
- sharing computer resources (sharing thick client resources with zero clients)
- organizing additional workplaces with less budget (allows adding a workplace as a zero client for which it is not necessary to buy a desktop)
- reducing expenses for temporary workplaces (allows creating temporary workplaces as zero clients for which it is unnecessary to buy a desktop)
In detail ASTER allows reducing expenses on:
- HW purchasing
- The average cost of a desktop computer is hundreds of dollars. Replacement of the desktop computer by a cheap thin client or zero clients reduces IT infrastructure costs estimates. Moreover, replaced old computers could be used to organize temporary workplaces.
- SW licenses purchasing
- Zero clients use software licenses of the thick client. You can reduce the cost of purchasing licenses that are linked to the processor under the license agreement. But be careful in managing other SW licenses.
- electrical power consumption by computers and air conditioner systems
- Why is it important to reduce energy consumption? Once you find a way to reduce it — this will save money for your organization every year. There are several methods to reduce energy consumption. Our method is the integration of ASTER in the organization. It allows decreasing the number of desktops. The lesser the number of desktops, the lesser electrical power consumption. A low number of desktops has low heat production that relates to lower energy consumption by air conditioners.
- modernization of computers
- ASTER integration reduces the number of desktops used to the number of thick clients. Therefore, if some hardware upgrade is necessary, then upgrade expenses will be reduced. The expenses on upgrades of zero clients HW (like monitors) will be the same as previously. The integration reduces the number of software licenses to the number of thick clients. Therefore, upgrade expenses of software licenses will also be reduced.
- amortization of computers
- Computer hardware lifecycle management is very important. The average life of a desktop PC or computer life cycle is around 5-6 years. In every organization, there is a computer replacement schedule. After ASTER integration, there is a reduction in the number of computers in an organization. Thus, the budget for replacement and amortization will be smaller.
- maintenance fees
- The total cost of maintenance is the typical software maintenance costs and hardware maintenance costs. ASTER integration allows reducing the number of desktops which reduces the number of software licenses and hardware in the organization. Therefore, it reduces maintenance costs on IT infrastructure maintenance.
- allocation of space for computer equipment
- As ASTER allows reducing the number of desktops, there will be more free space. It means there will be fewer expenses on allocating free space in the workplaces.
Reduce your organization expenses with ASTER!
Are you interested in reducing TCO of your factory? Are you interested in making your factory more eco-friendly?